At Technology Element Inc. (“TechnologyElement.ca”), we respect your privacy and are committed to protecting
the personal information you share with us. TechnologyElement.ca has established this Privacy
Policy so that you can understand the care with which we intend to treat such
information. TechnologyElement.ca carries on business in
The term "personal information" means information about an identifiable individual. Personal information does not include the name, title or business address or telephone number of an employee of an organization or any publicly available information such as a directory listing of names, addresses, telephone numbers and electronic addresses.
TechnologyElement.ca’s goal in collecting, using, and disclosing personal information is to enhance your product and service experience with us such as for the following purposes:
· providing you with general marketing, product, service and business partner information and offers;
· establishing and maintaining commercial relationships with partners, customers, suppliers and other third parties, including to issue invoices, administer accounts, collect and process payments, and to fulfill contractual obligations;
· conducting market analysis and research;
· meeting safety, security, legal and regulatory requirements;
· detecting and protecting TechnologyElement.ca and other parties against error, negligence, breach of contract, fraud, theft and other illegal activity, and to audit compliance with TechnologyElement.ca policies and contractual obligations;
· maintaining the accuracy of our records to respond to your inquiries and provide you with customer service communications and otherwise manage our relationship with you;
· satisfying other reasonable, legitimate business interests (such as collecting outstanding debts); and
· for any other purpose to which you consent.
If you provide us with personal information, we may from time to time disclose or transfer that information across borders and from your country or jurisdiction either within TechnologyElement.ca (including subsidiaries and related companies) or to others including the following:
· service providers, including an organization or individual retained by TechnologyElement.ca to perform functions on its behalf, such as marketing, research, data processing, technical support, fulfillment and delivery services;
· an organization or individual retained by TechnologyElement.ca to evaluate your creditworthiness or to collect debts outstanding on an account;
· a person who, in the reasonable judgment of TechnologyElement.ca, is providing or seeking the information as your agent;
· third parties in connection with the sale, assignment, or other transfer of TechnologyElement.ca’s business to which the information relates;
· any third party if, in TechnologyElement.ca's judgment, the rights or property of TechnologyElement.ca, its affiliates, third party service providers, or the users of TechnologyElement.ca's Web sites are in jeopardy;
· any third party if, in TechnologyElement.ca's judgment, the personal safety of users of TechnologyElement.ca's Web sites or other members of the public are in jeopardy; and
· any third party, where you consent to such disclosure or where disclosure is required or permitted by law or court order.
TechnologyElement.ca may also disclose aggregated information that does not allow you to be personally identified to third parties.
You agree that in certain circumstances personal information may be collected, used, or disclosed without your knowledge and/or consent. Examples of such circumstances include: a) legal, medical, or security reasons; b) detection and prevention of fraud or for law enforcement; and c) journalistic, artistic or literary purposes if its use is confined to those purposes.
TechnologyElement.ca is committed to protecting your
laws. Your personal information may be
stored and/or processed or otherwise used by or on behalf of TechnologyElement.ca both
inside and outside of
In terms of communicating personal information, you should note that there is no method of transmitting or storing data that is completely secure. While the physical characteristics of each are different, mail, telephone calls, faxes and transmissions over the Internet are all susceptible to possible loss, misrouting, interception and misuse of the information being communicated or transmitted. Moreover, where you use passwords, usernames, ID numbers or other special access features on our Web sites or in connection with TechnologyElement.ca services, it is your responsibility to safeguard them.
The Privacy Officer